The sponsor licence comes with several duties and responsibilities that the organisation must adhere to in maintaining the licence status. Even experienced HR teams can find it difficult to keep up with the latest changes in UK immigration law, policy and best practice.
The Home Office regularly update their extensive lists of published guidance and appendices on sponsorship. It is therefore vital that any business employing migrants must be fully aware of their duties and responsibilities and the potential pitfalls of failing to act on what may initially appear to be routine or administrative issues.
We offer businesses a bespoke advice on compliance issues under the sponsor licence requirements to ensure that they can maintain their licence rating and ensure that the key personnel are kept updated on rule changes which affect your business.
As part of the sponsor duties, the organisation must report on any relevant changes for example, changes to your business structure or a migrants change of circumstances via the Sponsorship Management System (SMS) in a timely manner. The company must also retain certain migrant documentation to ensure full compliance with the sponsorship requirements.
How can we assist?
Our Immigration lawyers at City Legal have immense experience in assisting small businesses and multinational companies in sponsor licence matters including new applications, dealing with suspensions and revocations, HR & Compliance audits with action plans and training, sponsoring migrant workers as well as dealing with day to day sponsor licence obligations.
Our service extends to all aspects of sponsorship, including conducting a mock immigration audit prior to any Home Office visits and providing an action plan or training the organisation on meeting sponsor compliance. We also offer bespoke sponsor licence assistance on retainer packages. Our compliance training may include:
- Providing in-house training to your HR Department on SMS best practise, reporting and immigration updates.
- Advice on immigration due diligence including right to work checks and the prevention of illegal working
- Record keeping and monitoring duties
- Advice on general recruitment, graduate recruitment and advertising in compliance with the Resident Labour Market Test.
- Conducting immigration mock audits to assess organisation practices and systems against sponsor licence requirements and providing written action plan including expert recommendations
- Provide recommendations on necessary HR, Recruitment and Attendance management softwares to improve ongoing practices
We are a multi award winning law firm and pride ourselves in being approachable, innovative and always going that extra mile to make sure our clients receive the individual attention they deserve. We have the privilege of working with some of the most well-known companies in the world. Our Immigration team maintains a high reputation and is committed to provide clear, transparent and reliable advice to our clients.